Mountainview Nature Park

Posted on Sunday, December 20, 2015

This is a throwback to when we actually were experiencing winter earlier this year in February...not that I want to rush things (even if our weather has been lagging behind.)  On that particular day I had taken Sadie and Tyger out for a stroll through the woods in a place not too far from where I grew up. Mountainview Nature Park contains 83 acres of woods, acquired by Rockland County in 1979. Descriptions I read of the park promised a mildly interesting 2.5 mile hike along various trails, including "the Goat Trail," known it's narrow, rocky path. As a fan of goats and of short hikes when there is snow on the ground, I was sold.



Entance




So much snow. Also, leash law noted, but not obeyed.


Interesting foundation remaining

Sadie




Nothing really stands out in my memory of this park, to be honest. I should revisit it before there is snow on the ground again. Last time I didn't make it too far, and from what I've read, there's a decent view of the Ramapo Mountains and the Palisades Mall, for what it's worth.

Post a Comment