Watchung Reservation...Months Later

Posted on Sunday, October 6, 2013

I've been sitting on quite a few pictures from trips over the past few months. I figure I should attempt to catch up. So, first up, Watchung Reservation. I took the trip to Watchung Reservation back in March. It is the largest park in Union County, NJ and has a lot to offer. There are stables, horse and hiker friendly trails, a golf course, an abandoned village, a museum,  and a large picnic area complete with a playground. One of the most notable things while driving up was the land bridges that allow wildlife to cross over the highway.

Explorations were mostly limited to the abandoned Feltville, the pine plantation, and some other minor trails.


Not abandoned, but pretty sweet

Hello Feltville


An interesting find.  

Nature in March

 A pretty plain trail

Cut pine tree oozing sap

Interior shot of one of the abandoned houses in Feltville




The memory of this trip isn't so fresh in my mind, hence my sparse commentary. If I do return, which is definitely a possibility, I would really love to check out other parts of Reservation, particularly near the stables.


Post a Comment