Kennedy Dells

Posted on Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy one year anniversary to this blog. Time flies. Let's celebrate by recounting my most recent experience at Kennedy Dells County Park.




It is typically around this time in the year that I start to hate the winter. I guess I shouldn't blame it on season, but I am really not into driving around on snow or ice. Nor does it typically seem worth it to bundle up in 10 layers of clothes just to go for a brief walk. At least, it usually doesn't seem worth it before I'm actually outside. Honestly, my cabin fever was reaching an all time high lately and my hatred of being inside and totally sedentary totally outweighs my dislike of being cold. The temporary warmer temperatures this past weekend were a godsend. So I took advantage and went to a park that i have been to many times before: Kennedy Dells County Park. 

It's a fairly average park with 2 1.4 mile long trail looks on pretty steady grade. This makes walking around super easy. One trail, "The Bridle Trail" (though I've never seen a horse on it,) leads to the remnants of an old road, stone arches, a waterfall, and an old stone pumphouse. Tragically, the old road is partially collapsed. It does make for a pretty neat waterfall though.


The Arches




Spot the pump house

Post a Comment